How do I prepare a property listing for a video or photography shoot?
In preparation for video walkthroughs and/or photography we recommend that you stage your listing as you would for an open house or showing. We ask that your property is tidy, clean, clutter free, pets and any pet paraphernalia put away, and personal photos put away. Please be aware that our videographers and photographers are not permitted to clean, dust, move furniture or stage the property. We also ask that no other tradespeople such as painter, plumber, handymen, or other people present during the shoot.
- All rooms and exterior of property must be accessible at time of shoot
- Please make sure that all work and/or punchlist on the property has been completed before the time of shoot
- Tidy up the landscaping, mowing and trimming bushes
- Make sure all vehicles are out of sight
- Remove items like toys, bikes, trash cans, etc. out of sight
- Remove and hide all loose items such as remotes, bills, keys, paper towels, etc from the tables and counter
- Hide small appliances such as toasters, coffee makers, etc.
- Make sure there are no dishes or drying racks in the kitchen
- Unclutter your kitchen counter-tops and area as the kitchen is one of the most viewed areas
- Clean counters, windows, and mirrors
- Empty and hide all trash cans
- Replace all burned out light bulbs
- Make sure all ceiling fans are free from dirt of dust
- Secure pets before the shoot and make sure all pets are removed from any scenes of the property
- If alarm systems are present, please make sure they are disabled before shoot
Use the commonsense approach when preparing your property for a shoot.
Remember, proper preparation of your property will ensure the best results and will help sell your property faster.